Skip to main content

Boston Conservatory Albert Alphin Library and Archives collection, 1960-2016

 Collection
Identifier: BCB-005

Dates

  • 1960-2016

Administrative History

The Albert Alphin Library has been located at 8 Fenway since 1965, providing access to its circulating collection and reference materials. Archival materials were housed in the Alphin Library for many years, accessible only to staff members and not cataloged until 2008. The library served as the chief custodian for archival materials until 2014, when a dedicated space for the materials was designated and a part-time archivist maintained the collection. As a result of the merger with Berklee College of Music in 2016, the Conservatory Archives collections were subsumed under the auspices of Berklee Archives.

Extent

2 boxes

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

The majority of materials were historically housed in the Alphin Library; some materials were collected and housed in the Office of the President.

Acquisition History

Compiled from materials previously housed in the Albert Alphin Library and materials donated from the President’s office.

Processing Information

Processed by Brendan Higgins, May 2016-June 2017; prepared for ArchivesSpace by Ashley Gray and Thomas Wandborg, 2021

Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Berklee Archives Repository

Contact:
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston St
Boston MA 02215 USA
617-747-8001